About We Need Diverse Books. In 2014, We Need Diverse Books (WNDB) began as a simple hashtag on Twitter to respond to the lack of diversity in children’s literature. Five years later, we have grown from a grassroots movement into a non-profit with a team of volunteers that spans the globe. We work to create a world where every child can see themselves in the pages of a book.
Position Summary. WNDB is looking for a self-motivated Webmaster with experience in website design, management, and troubleshooting. The Webmaster will work with the Program Director and Communications Manager to provide regular maintenance and updates to our WordPress website.
The ideal candidate will be eager to promote the mission and programs of WNDB handling administrative and technology responsibilities. This will be a three-month contract, with long-term potential. This position pays $30-35 per hour with an estimated average of 10 hours per month.
- Manage the integrity and functionality of the diversebooks.org website, including the OurStory application.
- Perform regular updates and testing to the website.
- Debug any website issues that might arise.
- Maintain a responsive design.
- Optimize loading speeds and capacity.
- Plan for and support the implementation of future changes to the website.
- Two+ years of experience as a webmaster or web developer, with extensive knowledge of WordPress
- Familiarity with web standards, plug-ins, and SEO optimization.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
To Apply. Submit a cover letter and resume along with links to recent website projects. Email application to email@example.com.