Internship Grant Application Information
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the publishing industry, We Need Diverse Books is adapting the 2020 Internship Grant program to better serve applicants and our publishing partners.
The application submission period is now closed.
For 2020 only, remote positions at both publishers and agencies are permitted for all interns.
- Due to COVID-19, WNDB Intern Grant Partners are evaluating their capacity to move forward with their Summer 2020 Internship Programs. Please check partner websites for latest program news.
For more information, see the FAQs or contact us at email@example.com
- Applicant must identify as coming from a diverse background as noted in the WNDB Definition of Diversity
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident.
- Applicant must have received a paid internship offer from a participating publisher or literary agency. The position must be at least half time (17+ hours per week), and pay minimum wage based on the partner’s state requirements.
- For publishers, the internship must be exclusively in the children’s division. For literary agencies, the internship must have a focus on children’s publishing (spending at least 50% of the time on children’s books).
- ABRAMS Books
- Bloomsbury Publishing
- Candlewick Press
- Hachette Book Group
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (summer internships postponed till 2021)
- Lee & Low Books (summer internships postponed till 2021)
- Lerner Publishing Group
- Levine Querido
- Penguin Random House (summer internships postponed till 2021)
- Simon & Schuster
- Scribe Publishing Company
PARTNER LITERARY AGENCIES
- Andrea Brown Literary Agency
- BookEnds Literary Agency
- Charlotte Sheedy Literary Agency
- Gallt and Zacker Literary Agency
- Salky Literary Management
- Serendipity Literary Agency
If you are a publisher or literary agency interested in participating, please contact us.
In 2020, we will have a minimum of fifteen $3,000 grants to award.
OBTAINING A GRANT APPLICATION
Please click here to fill out the application.