Internship Grant Application Information
- Applicant must identify as coming from a diverse background as noted in the WNDB mission statement.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate, currently enrolled college/university student, or recent college graduate.
- Applicant must have received a paid internship offer from a participating publisher or from a qualifying literary agent. (However, we recommend that you submit your application for the WNDB Internship Grant while you’re applying for internships). The position must be at least half time, minimum wage.
- For publishers, the internship must be in the children’s division. For literary agencies, the internship must have a focus on children’s publishing (spending at least 50% of the time on children’s books).
- Bloomsbury Publishing
- Candlewick Press
- Chronicle Books
- Hachette Book Group
- Lee & Low
- Macmillan Publishers
- Penguin Random House
- Simon & Schuster
PARTNER LITERARY AGENCIES
- BookEnds Literary Agency
- Charlotte Sheedy Literary Agency
- Donald Maass Literary Agency
- Gallt and Zacker Literary Agency
- Serendipity Literary Agency
- Writers House
If you are a publisher or literary agency interested in participating, please contact us.
In 2017, we have five $2500 grants to award, along with a travel stipend to each intern.
OBTAINING A GRANT APPLICATION
Please click here to fill out the application.
For more details about internships, contact Jennifer Mann: firstname.lastname@example.org