Emergency Fund Submission Guidelines
- Applicants must identify as diverse. Applicants must identify as one or more of the following:
- Person of color
- Native American
- Person with a disability
- Marginalized religious or cultural minority
- NOTE: The applicant themselves must be diverse. Being married to, a parent of, or a sibling of a diverse person, or being someone who has grown up with diverse people, will not qualify an otherwise ineligible applicant.
- For writers and illustrators:
- The applicant must be a published author and/or illustrator, with at least one book-length title at a traditional publishing house.
- At this point in time, we are unable to consider self-published authors and/or illustrators.
- For publishing professionals:
- The applicant must be employed (or recently employed) at a traditional publisher or literary agency.
- Applicant must be a U.S. resident.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
What do we define as 'financial need'?
During these uncertain times, applicants may experience financial need due to a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Effects of COVID-19
- Natural disaster (wild fire, flood, earthquake, etc.)
- Domestic violence
- Eviction and homelessness
- Cost of childcare or elder care
- Death in the family
- Loss of income
- Medical expenses
Please visit this link to access the online application.