GZLA Critique Package
The team at Gallt & Zacker Literary Agency is offering a critique package that focuses on a YA/MG manuscript. Every agent within GZLA will be involved, with each agent taking on one of the following:
- A critique of your pitch. (Up to 3 pitches for the same manuscript. A pitch may include your logline, elevator pitch, Twitter pitch, etc.)
- One query critique
- One critique of the first 20 pages of your manuscript
- One critique of your manuscript summary (Up to 2 pages.)
- One phone conversation to discuss how your manuscript fits into the current publishing landscape and to answer any questions about the industry.
Fiction only, please.
The Gallt & Zacker Literary Agency focuses on developing and finding the right home for the work of some of the most talented writers and illustrators in the book industry. Established in 2000 by Nancy Gallt, and later joined by Marietta B. Zacker, we aim to bring to life stories and artwork that help young readers throughout the world become life-long book enthusiasts and to inspire and entertain readers of all ages. We represent authors and illustrators who share and, through their work, exemplify that vision.
- Opening Bid: $25
- Auction Ends: Sunday, July 28th, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void.
- Reminder: YA or MG fiction only.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.