Picture Book Critique from Jennifer Mattson at Andrea Brown Literary Agency
Jennifer Mattson, a literary agent at the Andrea Brown Literary Agency, is offering the following:
- A picture book critique (full text).
- There is no deadline to send it in, so polish your work and get ready for some professional feedback!
Jennifer Mattson has been with Andrea Brown Literary Agency for a decade, and began working in children’s publishing immediately out of college—including five years as an editor at Dutton and five years as a Books for Youth reviewer with Booklist magazine. She represents all audiences and genres, from picture book through young adult, and looks for authors or author-illustrators who bring a deep professionalism, an open mind, and a fresh point of view to their work. She represents authors of YA and middle grade fiction (such as Katy Louzenhiser and Kate Hannigan), authors of picture books (such as Kim Norman and Linda Ashman), illustrators (such as Katy Wu), and author-illustrators (such as J. R. Krause and Geisel Honor winner Paul Meisel). Her list primarily focuses on fiction, but she’s also open to occasional, impeccably researched nonfiction projects. She’s currently especially looking to add more novelists to her roster, especially those from underrepresented backgrounds, and she has soft spots for mindbending fantasy and gripping survival stories of all kinds. But she’ll always give more than a passing glance to a slam-dunk of a picture book! Jennifer is based in Chicago, where she lives with her husband and two daughters. She enjoys running for fun and exercise and dance as both audience member and participant. You can occasionally find her speaking at SCBWI and other writers’ conferences in Chicagoland and farther afield; or on Twitter (@jannmatt).
- Opening Bid: $25
- Auction Ends: Sunday, July 28th, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void.
- Reminder: Picture Book only.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.