Query Pass from Ammi-Joan Paquette at Erin Murphy Literary Agency
Ammi-Joan Paquette, a senior agent at the Erin Murphy Literary Agency, is offering:
- A “query pass." While the Erin Murphy Literary Agency is otherwise closed to unsolicited submissions, your query can be submitted to Ammi-Joan Paquette. Middle Grade or YA submissions only, please.
Middle Grade or YA only.
Ammi-Joan Paquette is a Senior Agent with Erin Murphy Literary Agency, working from her home office in Massachusetts. She represents all forms of children's and young adult literature, but is most excited by a strong lyrical voice, tight plotting with surprising twists and turns, and stories told with heart and resonance that will stand the test of time.
An EMLA client herself, Joan is also the author of numerous books for children, most recently the Princess Juniper series, the picture books Ghost in the House, Elf in the House, Bunny Bus, and The Tiptoe Guide to Tracking Fairies, and the "non-fiction with a twist" series Two Truths and a Lie, co-written with Laurie Ann Thompson. Her latest novel is the magical adventure The Train of Lost Things. When she is not on the phone, answering email, or writing, you will most likely find Joan curled up with a book. Or baking something delicious. Or talking about something delicious she's baked. Really, after books and food, what else is there worth saying?
- Opening Bid: $25
- Auction Ends: Sunday, July 28th, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void.
- Reminder: YA or MG only.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.