Partial Critique + Phone Consultation with Agent Danielle Chiotti
Agent Danielle Chiotti of Upstart Crow Literary is offering the following:
- She will read the first 10 pages of your MG or YA manuscript
- She will then provide a 15-minute phone consultation to critique your pages. (No written critique will be given.)
MG or YA only. The critique must take place after August, so any time in September or later.
Danielle Chiotti has worked in publishing for seventeen years. Formerly an editor, she joined Upstart Crow when it was founded in 2009, specializing in young adult and middle grade fiction, as well as cookbooks, select nonfiction, and literary and upmarket fiction for adults. Thanks to her extensive editorial background, she enjoys working closely with authors to develop projects.
She welcomes first-time authors with a unique voice and point of view. She is drawn toward gorgeous writing and strong, flawed characters. Her dream project for young readers is one that challenges and inspires, with a compelling voice that will make her stay up all night reading. Good examples of this are Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson, Chime by Franny Billingsley, The Crossover by Kwame Alexander, The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly, Still Life With Tornado by A.S.King, The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma, Raymie Nightingale by Kate DiCamillo, and When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead.
- Opening Bid: $40
- Auction Ends: Sunday, August 4th, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void.
- Reminder: YA or MG only. The critique will be given over the phone and will take place in September or later.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.