Query Critique + Phone Consultation with Agent Sarah Davies
Agent Sarah Davies of Greenhouse Literary is offering the following:
- She will read the query of your MG or YA manuscript
- She will then provide a phone consultation (up to 30 minutes) to critique your pages and to answer your questions about the market and industry. (No written critique will be given.)
MG or YA only.
Agent Sarah Davies founded Greenhouse Literary Agency when she moved to the US in 2007 after a long career as a UK children’s publisher. She now divides her time between London and New York. Sarah has been an editor most of her life and has considerable experience in contract negotiation, marketing and rights. Excellent publishing contacts in both the USA and Britain, and many years spent living in both countries, have given her an unusually transatlantic view of the children’s books industry, from both sides of the desk.
A member of AAR, Sarah has crossed America and Europe talking about children’s books and writing craft. She says, ‘Everything you need to know about Greenhouse is in its name.’ She mainly specializes in middle grade and YA fiction/non-fiction, but also represents picture book texts by existing clients, and some adult, female-oriented suspense.
- Opening Bid: $40
- Auction Ends: Sunday, August 4th, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void.
- Reminder: YA or MG only. The critique will be given over the phone.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.