Query Letter Critique with Agent Sarah LaPolla
Sarah LaPolla joined Bradford Literary Agency in 2013 after working in the foreign rights department at Curtis Brown Ltd. Sarah received her MFA in Creative Writing (Nonfiction) from The New School in 2008, and has a B.A. in Creative Writing from Ithaca College.
Sarah primarily represents Middle Grade and Young Adult fiction in a variety of genres, as well as select Adult upmarket contemporary fiction, women’s fiction or rom-com, literary horror, and speculative fiction. In MG and YA, she is seeking literary fiction, sci-fi, “low”/contemporary fantasy, horror, rom-com, and mystery. Sarah tends to be drawn to stories that don’t shy away from the darker side of adolescence and often feature characters who defy the odds. Regardless of age demographic or genre, Sarah would like to see more hope and humor, even in the darkest of stories.
She is especially interested in diverse casts of characters and in authors who shine a light on voices that have been historically underrepresented. Sarah’s authors tend to reflect larger themes within a character-focused story that, whether overtly or subtly, challenge the status quo.
- Opening Bid: $40
- Auction Ends: Sunday, August 11th, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.