10-page critique of your Middle Grade, YA, or Full Picture Book from Agent Lara Perkins
Agent Lara Perkins of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency is offering the following:
- A 10-page critique of your Middle Grade or YA novel, or an entire picture book.
Note: Please expect two weeks between submission and critique.
Lara Perkins is an Agent at the Andrea Brown Literary Agency. She represents authors and illustrators of picture books, middle grade, and young adult fiction, including Ross Burach (The Very Impatient Caterpillar, I Am Not A Chair), Tami Charles (Like Vanessa, Fearless Mary), Shelli R. Johannes (co-author of the Cece Loves Science series, author of the forthcoming How To Be A Unicorn), Natalie C. Parker (the Seafire trilogy), and Anne Sibley O’Brien (I’m New Here, In the Shadow of the Sun). In picture books, Lara is seeking humor-driven stories (primarily by author-illustrators), narrative nonfiction that combines a fascinating story with exceptional visual potential, and lyrical picture books that feel heartbreakingly beautiful and true. She is looking to champion voices that have been underrepresented in children's literature, and she is drawn to bold and colorful art, a playful use of texture and media, and kid-appealing humor and heart. Lara is actively building her middle grade and YA fiction list, and she is primarily on the hunt for underrepresented voices and perspectives, a page-turning pace, and either gorgeous writing or a funny and compelling voice (or both!) in all genres. She is eager to find fantasies that capture her imagination, eerie mysteries she can’t put down, and endearingly flawed characters who steal her heart. She loves nuanced and layered friendship stories (especially friendship “break up” stories), nontraditional family structures, swoon-worthy romances that are also innovative and insightful, and unreliable narrators of all kinds — adorably clueless, menacingly calculating, and “ghosts who don’t know they’re ghosts.” She loves a puzzle, a setting that feels like another character in the story, and a voice that is surprising and delightful on a line level.
- Opening Bid: $40
- Auction Ends: Sunday, August 18th, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.