Query and First 15-Pages Critique from Agent Jennie Kendrick
Jennie Kendrick is a former criminal defense attorney and history major, and continues to be a lifelong reader. She began writing for Forever Young Adult, a popular review site for YA fans who are “a little less Y and a little more A” in 2013, and became an editor in early 2014. Her work with Forever Young Adult has included a review partnership with Kirkus books, travel to Book Expo of America, YALLFest and YALLWest, social media management, a podcast, and close work with many publicists and YA authors. She was a judge for the 2017 Elephant Rock Books Helen Sheehan YA publishing competition, is a part-time bookseller at The Booksmith in San Francisco, and leads the San Francisco chapter of the international Forever Young Adult book club. Jennie became a literary agent in early 2018.
Jennie’s passions include history, the criminal justice system, art, rock music, teen TV and movies, and cooking. She loves well-researched, diverse, character-driven YA and MG fiction, and is particularly looking for Own Voices works.
- Opening Bid: $40
- Auction Ends: Sunday, August 25th, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.