15-Page Critique and Phone Call with Agent Jess Regel
Agent Jess Regel of Foundry Literary + Media is offering the following:
- A 15-page critique of your YA or Middle Grade manuscript.
- A 15-minute phone call to discuss your work and any other publishing industry questions you might have.
Jess Regel is a literary agent at Foundry Literary + Media. She represents Young Adult and Middle Grade fiction and nonfiction. Her authors include New York Times Bestsellers Amber Smith (The Way I Used to Be) and Shea Ernshaw (The Wicked Deep), as well as Pura Belpré Honor Winner Pablo Cartaya (The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora). No matter the genre, Jess looks for distinctive voices and stories that are one of a kind. Jess is passionate about discovering books that are compulsive, contagious, and creative. She’s particularly interested in “conversation starters,” novels that bridge the literary-commercial divide, combining a high-concept plot with beautiful writing, and voice-driven contemporary stories. She’s always looking for diverse characters who tell a story from a unique perspective, and through which we see the world differently. Jess is drawn to coming-of-age stories, ambitious fiction, charming and stylized love stories, atmospheric magical realism, dark and twisty suspense, and genre-bending literary fiction.
- Opening Bid: $40
- Auction Ends: Sunday, September 1, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void.
- Reminder: There is no deadline to submit your work.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.