Phone Critique with Editor Susan Rich
Susan Rich is Editor-at-Large for Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. She has published the work of Sophie Blackall, Lemony Snicket, Colby Sharp, Michaela Goade, Jon Klassen, Frank Viva, Maira Kalman, Dav Pilkey, Christoph Niemann, Daniel Handler and others. Susan earned a Masters Degree in Children’s Literature from the Center for the Study of Children’s Literature at Simmons College, began her publishing career in New York, and now lives and works in Toronto.
- Opening Bid: $40
- Auction Ends: Sunday, September 1, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void. The text should be under 1500 words (not counting any back matter, if there is back matter). Fiction or nonfiction, text only.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.