Picture Book Critique from Miranda Paul
Miranda Paul of Erin Murphy Literary Agency is offering the following:
- A picture book critique.
Note: The text should be under 1500 words (not counting any back matter, if there is back matter). Fiction or nonfiction, text only.
Miranda Paul holds a B.A. in English from St. Mary's College of Maryland and has worked with students (and campers) in every grade from Pre-K through college. A co-founding member of We Need Diverse Books, Miranda currently serves as its Mentorship chairperson. Miranda occasionally makes faculty appearances at SCBWI conferences, The Writing Barn, and Highlights Foundation (Nuts and Bolts of STEM writing) and has presented at the Library of Congress Young Readers Center. In her other lives, Miranda has worked as a freelance writer and journalist, and is the award-winning author of more than a dozen picture books including One Plastic Bag, Water is Water, 10 Little Ninjas, I Am Farmer, Nine Months, and Little Libraries, Big Heroes. She is not accepting queries for new clients in her role as Erin Murphy's puppet intern (but, if she were, she might set her sights on prolific writers and illustrators who are able to craft geeky-yet-wildly-entertaining manuscripts that bring science to lay audiences, make her laugh out loud, or have a strong social justice bent; and novels, memoirs, or nonfiction that are philosophically and emotionally gripping.) She lives in Wisconsin with her husband, author Baptiste Paul, two children, four rescue cats, and a fluctuating number of gill-bearing aquatic animals.
- Opening Bid: $40
- Auction Ends: Sunday, September 1, 2019, at 9:00pm EST.
- Note: Any bids submitted after that time will be void. The text should be under 1500 words (not counting any back matter, if there is back matter). Fiction or nonfiction, text only.
How This Works
Auction & Bidding Information
- To place a bid, please check the current high bid and place a higher one by leaving your name, bid amount, and email address in the comments' section.
- Include your bid in US dollar ($) amounts.
- Each item will have a minimum starting bid. After that, you may bid in quantities of your choosing.
- The highest bid, timestamped by our website at 9:00PM EST, will be declared the winner.
- Please use comments only for bidding.
How to Claim Your Item
- WNDB will declare the winner in the comments section on the item page. We will also contact the winner of this auction item via the email you provided.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their item by responding to the email.
- If the winner does not claim their item within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- In that same 72-hour timeframe, the winner must make their donation in the winning amount of their bid to WNDB. You can donate on our Donation page.
- Please forward your receipt or a screenshot to WNDB.
- If the winner does not forward their receipt to us within the 72-hour timeframe, we will default to the runner-up from the bidding comments.
- If you need to send a check, please let us know and we will work with you.
- Once the donation has been verified, WNDB will put you in touch with the agent or editor who donated your item.
- For more information, please check our FAQs.