WNDB Emergency Fund for Diverse Creatives in Children’s Publishing
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, WNDB will provide emergency grants to diverse authors, illustrators, and publishing professionals who are experiencing dire financial need.
Many diverse creatives have lost their livelihoods because of the pandemic, whether due to canceled school visits or due to layoffs and furloughs at publishers and literary agencies. We aim to bolster these groups during this time of crisis by giving grants between $500 and $1,000 each.
To be eligible for assistance:
- Writers and/or illustrators must be traditionally published in children’s literature and must demonstrate a financial need due to any loss of income.
- Publishing professionals who have been furloughed or laid off must have held a position that focused on children’s literature. Positions include but are not limited to: editors, agents, publicists, designers, and sales positions.
- All applications will be kept confidential. We will not list the recipients publicly.
- Applicants should receive a response in 14-21 days upon receipt of their application.
- Given the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.
To make a donation to the fund, you can do so via our website. If using Paypal or a credit card or debit card, you may leave a note specifying that your donation should be earmarked for the emergency fund. You may send questions or share your intent to donate by emailing email@example.com.
Alternately, you may send a check to:
10319 Westlake Drive, #104
Bethesda, MD 20817
We’re very grateful for your support during these uncertain times. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.